Geek
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GeekLog in

geeknet@protonmail.com

descriptionIs America ready to love cottage cheese again? EmptyIs America ready to love cottage cheese again?

more_horiz
Or for that matter, is the UK? Here are extracts from an article in the Independent newspaper:

Cottage Cheese began life in America as an easy, economical way for colonial cooks to make use of milk left over after they skimmed off the cream. By the 1970s, its amicable presence in recipes and on diet plates had made it a star.

Fame is fickle, and so are the nation’s eaters. Cottage cheese fell out of favour, and now spends its days hanging out in stodgy pint containers near the sour cream, while yoghurt sprawls out across acres of the dairy case, dressed up in cute little tubes, flip tops and French glass jars.

America loves a comeback though, and there are plenty of people who are betting that cottage cheese is primed for one.
A couple new players have jumped in, including Muuna, the first product from Israel’s largest food manufacturer to be sold in the United States. American companies like Dean Foods, the nation’s largest dairy company, have given their cottage cheeses makeovers, packing them into smaller, sexier packages and asking retailers to move them away from the sour cream and closer to the yoghurt.

New lines have interesting mixes of fruit and nuts, and some producers are experimenting with millennial-friendly additions like probiotics and chia seeds. Flavours are expanding beyond dusty stalwarts like pineapple to include Kalamata olive, habanero chile or cum
The goal, according to industry analysts, is to “uncottage” cottage cheese – or, as one dairy executive put it, “Chobani it”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-america-lifestyle-milk-yoghurt-a8426741.html

So, do you eat cottage cheese? Do you have any recipes or ideas for how to use it. I'm thinking of trying out a recipe idea I had using cottage cheese in dumplings...

descriptionIs America ready to love cottage cheese again? EmptyRe: Is America ready to love cottage cheese again?

more_horiz
I miss cheese. I am working as a basketball coach in China, and chees is one of the things you can find here rarely. And whem you do it's usually the worst tasting one. Would love to try some cheese dumplings.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum